Monday, August 4, 2008

Back on the Routes

After a week of relaxation, I'm finally back to the camp. Many of the campers were happy to see me back. One of them was mad that I lied about leaving. It was a happy time, though.
Throughout the rest of the day, I was surprised that I still knew where everything was. Although, today I was supposed to be working with group 2, the middle aged group, but instead I worked with group 1, the youngest group. It was nice seeing those campers before the next day I leave them. I also met a new volunteer (at least to me). He was here last week but I wasn't here so he's new to me. His name is Jeremy. Looks a bit older than me, maybe around High School. Still, he was good with the campers and does a pretty good job with the tasks.
I'm pretty excited for later on in the week. Tomorrow I get to go swimming at the Veteran's Park Pool which Jason, another volunteer, says its a great pool. On Wednesday we get to go Ice Skating at the Ballston Mall. I'm glad its not called "Wipe out Week" anymore so some campers don't aim to crash into others while skating. Thursday is Game Day where we can bring in games to play. Its sounds like a fun day when I can play some games with the campers. On Friday, we go to the County Fair! I've been to the fair last year and had a great time. I aim to have an equally good time. The fair is the very reason that I wanted to get the job as a volunteer here.

No comments: