Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Perfect Wind, A Broken Wing

As I was playing, I watched the trees outside flailing vigorously in the wind. I noticed that meant today was probably a great day to fly my kite. As I took it outside, I felt the wind keep tugging on it as if the kite wanted to fly. I had to hold it tightly until I reached the Jamestown field. Once I got there, I felt the wind die down. It was like the wind was getting ready for me to launch my kite into the air. But as I launched, the wind blew too hard and caused the kite to dip down onto the ground. I felt forsaken. I found that the wing has been broken. I went back home to fix it with a paper clip as the metal clip to keep the wing in place as it flies. I went back outside to fly again and as I launched, the paper clip became loose and couldn't keep the wing in place. I went back home, now feeling defeated. When can I finally fly again...like the summer from before?

No comments: